Tuesday 16 August 2011

Blood. And more blood.

As a child, I was always the brave one - scared to go ice skating but always welcoming a chance to go to the dentists. Don't think me freaky, but going to the dentist meant squeaky clean teeth, that was always nice to look at.
But as I waited in the Reception, visions of the evil dentist from 'Little Shop of Horrors' sprang up and I started hyperventilating (inside my head of course, I'm not that weird). For today was the day I was getting two of my teeth REMOVED!
I got called up and willed my brain to think of Yonghwa (yep, even in my mental state I think of Korean idols). Sat down. Breathe in. Breathe out. It was all going fine until the Dentist said, ' Okay I'm putting a numbing cream and then I'm going to inject you with anaesthesia. It is going to hurt.' By then I was so relaxed, I had entered my Zen mode, so nothing actually registered - until she actually jabbed it in. It wasn't that bad, just like the shots I got a couple of months except this ones in my gums. Two jabs in the upper jaw. Three in the bottom, cause it just didn't want to numb.
Then came the shoving and prodding. 'Oh, this won't hurt. You'll feel a lot of pressure, but it should be fine.' That's what she said. The poking finished, the teeth was loose. Her assistant hands her the stuff from your nightmares - you know the spanner-like object used to PULL teeth out. I take one look at it and start crying.
Bawling my eyes out, silently of course, cause I'm a lady. In goes the contraption and I can feel more shoving and pulling and poking and pulling. I am crying. The assistant holds my jaw steady and tells me to inhale and exhale deeply and close my eyes. I close my eyes. Breathe in. Breathe out. It's out.
Now time for the bottom tooth. Pretty much the same as above, except less crying and scarier and bigger contraption. To be honest, I don't even feel the pulling as much. Must have overdosed on the anaesthethic.
With a cotton wad inserted between my newly formed two holes, I get sent on my way with the thought that I have two more teeth to pull out. Damn it.
Lots of bloody bites,
Cherry.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete